Playing With Pride | Outside the Lines
The Chelsea Challenge in Manhattan is one of the largest inclusive ice hockey tournaments in the country and remains a safe space for all to play.
Pride Across America - ABC News Live Coverage
ABC News Live celebrated Pride Month on Sunday with "Pride Across America," an unprecedented streaming event featuring live coverage from three of the nation's biggest pride marches.
Top 5 Ways to Celebrate Pride Month at Disney Parks
Celebrate Pride Month with authentic experiences and exciting offerings at Disney Parks.
Celebrating Pride at Disney
During Pride Month and throughout the year, we celebrate our LGBTQIA+ employees, consumers, and fans around the world.
We’re celebrating Pride through the power of our unparalleled storytelling, iconic brands, creative minds, and innovative technologies.
There are numerous ways you can celebrate Pride Month with us throughout June and beyond:
• The 2023 Disney Pride Collection is in full swing and many of our most popular Disney Pride Collection items will be available all year on shopDisney and in select Disney Parks retail locations. This year’s collection includes apparel, accessories, plush and pins across Disney brands.
• Disney+ brings LGBTQIA+ narratives to the forefront on coming-of-age stories through Pride Collection stories featuring titles such Love, Victor, Growing Fangs, Pixar’s Out, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series and more.
• Freeform will showcase “The Pop That Culture’d Me” a personal exploration of LGBTQIA+ representation across Disney’s talented cast throughout Disney Television Networks.
• National Geographic channels will spotlight Christian Cooper, host of the upcoming series Extraordinary Birder with Christian Cooper and creator of Marvel Comics’ first openly lesbian character.
• ABC Owned Television Stations will premiere Our America: Who I'm Meant To Be across owned stations throughout June—the special features five, thriving transgender folks, bringing to life who they are, their ambitions, and what they want the nation to know about their generation.
• ABC Owned Television Stations will also air local Pride celebrations across the nation, including Los Angeles, Houston, New York, San Francisco, and Chicago.
• Disney Theatrical Group will offer Pride Night group sales with special ticket pricing and post-show Q&A with cast members for Aladdin (6/9) and The Lion King (6/14).
• Marvel Entertainment will introduce Marvel’s Voices: Pride #1, introducing brand-new LGBTQIA+ characters this year.
• Learn more about the stories of talented employees across Disney and its iconic brands through features and stories on your favorite branded social media channels.
We are all greater than a single story and we all deserve to feel seen, heard and understood, not only during heritage months, but year-round.
As an avid and long-standing champion of LGBTQIA+ communities, families and fans, Disney continues to deepen our support through emblematic content, community advocacy, and inclusion in the workplace and beyond.
In the last decade, Disney has championed LGBTQIA+ communities and families through charitable grants and program support to organizations serving the LGBTQIA+ community; advanced programs, policies and resources to build a culture of belonging for LGBTQIA+ employees; and infused content and experiences with more, rich LGBTQIA+ stories.
One example of Disney’s many charitable investments in support of the LGBTQIA+ community is Disney’s work with Point Foundation, the largest provider of scholarships for LGBTQIA+ students in higher education. Through our charitable grant to Point, we will provide scholarships to 10 college students studying fields related to Disney’s industries. Our goal is to create pathways for these students to become future storytellers.
Disney also supports “Out in Tech U,” an eight-week mentorship program for LGBTQIA+ youth aged 17-24 to empower them to pursue opportunities in tech. The goal of the program is to have 80% of mentees land an internship or job in tech within one year of graduating from the program. Several Disney employees have participated in the program themselves, both as mentors and as mentees.
Our support of Point Foundation and Out in Tech is all part of Disney Future Storytellers, The Walt Disney Company’s commitment to empower the next generation of storytellers and innovators.
More surprises from your favorite Disney brands will be shared throughout the month, and be sure to follow @ReimagineTomorrow on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to share ways you plan to celebrate the month.